Friday, September 14, 2012

Next summer Stop: Tahoe & Reno

Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places in America. Here is a shot of Emerald Bay and Fannette Island, which s probably the most photographed spot on the lake. I love this image.


We visited the Tallac Historic Site, walking the property, which is being restored to it's earlier times. One of the houses on the Pope property is called the Artists Cabin. Look at the rafters which are shaped like a tree. I loved this building. So cool!


These next two images are my favorite from the entire trip. The colors inspire me. Oh my!



The purpose of the trip was for Rick and Terry to play in a member-guest tournament at Montreaux Golf Club. But I got to do some golfing as well. Here are my partners in crime. Pat, Beachy and Mary Ann. Really nice ladies and really good golfers!

Check out that golf hole behind them. The vertical drop will kill you and the creek you have to clear is way out there. As my brothers likes to say "I only play golf in the 80s. If it gets hotter than that i just don't go. 


And saving the best for last, The Orr's managed to snag 4 tickets to the combined Doobie Brothers-Chicago concert. They played separately and then together. At one time there were 4 drummers, 4 guitars and 6 brass instruments on the stage. Perhaps I am showing my age, but it was fabulous sing along.

No comments: