Wednesday, September 12, 2012

07.04.12

What a blast!

Summer started yesterday. Just in time for the annual neighborhood/cul-de-sac potluck, bring your own B & C (bottle and chair) party. It is so much fun to catch up from a winter of indoor activities and see which kids have grown the most, are ready to begin school, are going to high school or college. My last graduated from college and I am feeling really old.


It's also fun to see who is officially old enough to light matches and who is now brave enough to light the fire works too. Definitely, not me.


Another tradition of mine is to put out my red, white and blue quilt. This is one of the first quilts I ever made. I hang it from my deck rail so that all the neighborhood walkers have something to look at as they pass by. Sort of my very own outdoor quilt show.


Rick and I close out the day by sitting on our deck, sipping wine and watching a spectacular FW display from a neighborhood just over.

No comments: