Monday, September 10, 2012

About Town: Willamette Valley Wineries

Caite came home for her birthday in late June. One of the things that we have never done and so decided to do is go wine-ing. Since the Willamette Valley is known for its Pinot's and I am more of a white wine drinker, I agreed to be the designated driver. This also means that I got to take a lot of photos and what a drop dead gorgeous place to be for that.


Why do I like the underside of umbrellas, especially red ones? I will add this to my collection of similar images.


First stop was Dobbes. Red umbrellas, red chairs red wine...


Second stop was Erath. I loved these barrels. I found a lot of cute wine stuff. I bought some napkins that say "What's a nice girl like me doing without a drink in her hand?" I'm saving them for book group.


And then there is the rose bush on the end of every other row. I learned in New Zealand that rose bushes are attractive to the same types of insects that attack grape vines but the roses show the infestation earlier. So, they are used as an indicator of the health of the vines.


Our last stop was Barrel Fence Winery. The proprietor has a vineyard in New Zealand, as well, and features the Oregon and NZ wines side by side for tasting. Caite really enjoyed this after being introdcued to NZ wines when living in Dunedin, NZ.


Barrel Fence lead me to my favorite shot of the day. Simply breathtaking.....

No comments: