Sunday, July 17, 2011

Missing June

I have been on  a whirlwind effort  with house projects.

It all started when I had the cedar shake roof cleaned and stained.
That led to a serious need to power wash the deck. I started that project but have you ever noticed that men have a serious need to have power tools in their own hands. What starts with a "let me see that for a minute" ended with me quietly leaving the scene.One for me.

The next project was a powder room redo. It involved stripping wall paper, texturing and painting the walls and then replacing all of the fixtures. I had this work done by Tony, the painter, and Bob, the builder, two wonderful professional contractors.

Then I had the entire landscape in the front of the house removed and replaced.  I don't have before pictures but trust me, it was so overgrown it was scary. I would show you the after but it's raining today for what seems like the millionth day this month.

The next projects are 2 other household bathrooms. The one the kids used over the years has been totally gutted. The tub will be replace with a walk in shower. the vinyl floor with tile and all of the fixtures will be replaced. Parts of the basement bonus room bath are also being replaced. I am going with under mount sinks, CeasarStone counter tops, new fixtures, mirrors and wall paint.

Right now, I have nothing to show. The tear outs are complete and the work begins tomorrow. I can't wait.

I do promise to post photos of the completed projects. I am not big on the befores. They are what I am trying to forget.

Until then, here is something to look at...  Nice-a!

No comments: