Thursday, January 16, 2014

Life Lists

Last year I broke my finger. You know, just can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Several friends broke ankles trying to do things like put on a coat while walking down the stairs. It prompted me to begin a list of good habits/rules for living safely. I call it my Life List.  The first few are obvious...
  • Always wear a seatbelt
  • Always wear a bike helmit
But new additions...
  • Always look in the direction you are walking
  • Hold a handrail when walking down the stairs. 
The other day I heard the funniest story. A friend's friend had taken a shower and wasair drying when she decided to get something in the garage which required use of a ladder. Yeah, you know what happened. She fell off the ladder and broke her leg. She was lying on the garage floor absolutely naked trying to figure out her next move or lack thereof.

So another life rule...
  • Don't climb ladders naked. Sorry for that one but who knew?
I'm sharing a favorite nature photo I took recently. What is that cactus flower doing?


Ha-ha!

No comments: