Saturday, May 14, 2011

So on Mother's Day

I arose at 6:15 AM to drive Drew downtown to run the Cinco de Mayo half marathon. There is no place to put your license or cash or car keys so I was the designated depository.

Hamming it up at the start

I wandered around and treated the morning like a photo shoot, finding some interesting things: flowers blooming, interesting things in windows, graffiti and lots of people.



I heard the holler that the winner was coming and so I rushed to catch a glimpse. Drew was hoping to finish in 2 hours. The winner was estimated to have completed the race in one hour 20ish minutes. I held my place along the route and it wasn't too long before I saw a very red shirt coming my way.


He ended up finishing the race in 1 hour and 51 minutes and with a grin on his face. He doesn't even look like he's working hard.. Running entitled him to 2 beers (at 9:30 in the morning:) I got one of them. HA! We toasted him.

No comments: