Saturday, July 24, 2010

Santa Maria della Vittoria

This is the church for which I have been searching.
No wonder it is difficult to find. The exterior does not really look churchlike.
























But wait until you get inside. These churches are all over town,
nondescript exteriors with amazing interiors.

I was interested in this one because it contains The Ecstasy of St Theresa,
a sculpture by Bernini. I am a total fan of his.

Rick was generous to return with me in the afternoon when it was opened.

Are you ready....

The Ecstasy of St Theresa





































The main altar
























The ceiling in an alcove altar

















The pipe organ


















The exit door

















And something that fascinated me in all the churches of Italy...
























the confessionals. Many were marked with the languages
familiar to the priest. They too are beautiful.

No comments: