Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Birthday, Nina!



Today is Nina, my SIL's, birthday. This photo was taken of her, center, with another SIL, Delse, hiking in Palm Canyon on our recent trip to Palm Desert, CA., as a part of our annual girl's trip.

Nina is the best. She is the ultimate organizer, the one who plans way far ahead, keeping us all on track. She finds the most interesting places on the internet, for Spas or housing or just whatever.

She is an awesome cook. Hearing her describe a dinner item, with a pinch of this and a dab of that, makes my mouth water. She uses stuff I have never even heard of.

She is an accomplished musician.

Our boys are similar in age and we have swapped child raising ideas over the years. We like tennis. We are beading buddies.

But mostly Nina is like a sister to me. She is family that I love to connect with as often as possible. I only wish we lived closer.

Nina,
Have a wonderful birthday.
I love you.

Elaine

No comments: